OC Sport creates boundary-breaking events that challenge existing formats and provide settings for professional and amateur sportsmen and women to reach new goals, while competing in previously untapped natural environments.
The company has a unique portfolio of OC Sport-originated events across sailing, cycling and running which harness the power of nature and provide unparalleled experiences connecting fans, participants and sponsors.
In addition to events created by OC Sport, the company is Rights Holder for a series of prestigious events in global professional sailing, running and multi-sports events.
We are seeking a Marketing & Communications Assistant to support all the activities of the Communications and Marketing team.
Based in Paudex, in the Lausanne area, Switzerland and reporting directly to the Global Brand & Communications Manager, the Marketing & Communications Assistant main goal is to assist in the production of our marketing and communications tools and reports.
You will also work closely with the Marketing Manager and interface with all the teams involved in the Haute Route on a daily basis.
- Support the strategy and planning across all communications
- Assist in producing global communications tools and its adaptations at a local level
- In link with the Global Brand & Communications Manager, ensure that all materials produced follow the brand guidelines
- Process mailouts and distribute content (rider/public/media)
- Update and maintain mailout listsManage our photos and video libraries
- Translate content from English to French or French to English
- Monitor press clippings and online articles for evaluation reports
- Competitors benchmark (offer and price positioning) / reports expected (communications campaigns, creative concept, activation…)
- Upload content to website
- Competitors benchmark (offer and price positioning) / reports expected
- Data analysis (statistics and qualitative data)
- Support the organisation of qualitative interviews
- Liaison between the communications team and the on-the-ground team (Market Managers, Ambassadors Manager, Tour Operators Manager)
- Oversee the implementation of the communications/marketing assets
- Development, production and distribution of the communications/marketing assets (printing, relationship with suppliers…)
- Work on annual convention (logistics, implementation, tools support…etc)
Expected Work Flow
- 60% – Communications
- 40% – Marketing
Skills and Abilities
- Must be a EU or Swiss national or have a relevant work permit.
- A real passion for a career in marketing or communications as evidenced in academic studies, previous experience or interests.
- Good creative writing skills with the desire to develop those skills working alongside the current team.
- A desire to learn, develop a greater understanding of marketing, media communications and PR and be able to take on more responsibility.
- Excellent attention to details.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft office packages and understanding the necessity to undertake database work and content processing.
- Excellent organisational skills and self-motivated personality with the ability to work to tight deadlines, cope with event pressures, and manage their own time effectively, who can take instruction and work well within a small and hard-working team.
- A love of sport and outdoor events is a must with knowledge of cycling or triathlon an advantage.
- Full driving licence.
- Fluency in English and French.
- Ability and willingness to travel
Character and Personal Qualities
- A collaborative and energetic team player
- Details orientated
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Happy to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for things he/she sees as challenging
- 6-month internship
- « Convention de stage » or formal agreement through your educational provider is mandatory for non-Swiss citizens
- You will be given a monthly allowance of 800 CHF (gross – before any deductions are taken for state and federal taxes, insurance etc).
- 10 vacation days for a 6-month internship.
- For internships of 3 months or more we will reimburse the full cost of a CFF card. The card entitles you to a 50% discount on train tickets.
- Office hours are between 9.00am and 6.00pm, but during the events or busy periods, you may be expected to work evenings and weekends.
- Travel, accommodation and subsistence are covered for approved business travel, in line with current company policies.
How to candidate
Your application must be in English, include a CV/resume, detail which intern role you are applying for, confirm your nationality/work permit status and tell us a little bit about you:
- What’s the bravest thing you have ever done?
- What is your proudest achievement?
- What sports do you enjoy and/or clubs you are involved in?