Based near Lausanne (Switzerland) FWT Management S.A. owns and manages the Freeride World Tour (www.freerideworldtour.com) and other outdoor sports properties.
To structure and manage, on a global basis, the sport competition aspects of freeride skiing & snowboarding, and to help companies and mountain resorts grow and prosper through organizing and delivering world-class sports events. Our specific marketing proposition to the corporate world is qualitative in that our sports properties enable corporations to connect deeply with a specific group of people who can best be summarized by the psychographic: “young-at-heart.” Our marketing proposition to mountain resorts is that top events drive people traffic thus fueling local economic activity.
The Freeride World Tour was launched in 2008 and is now recognized by riders, the ski industry and the media as the competitive pinnacle of the sport. In 2019, the world’s best freeriders: men, women, skiers and snowboarders alike, will visit some of the world’s most renowned ski resorts in pursuit of the world title. The five-stop Freeride World Tour is supported by more than 60 Freeride World Qualifier (FWQ) events and 60 Freeride Junior Tour (FJT) events around the world.
In this challenging position you will be working in the sports development team of a young and dynamic sport where you will gain an in-depth understanding of the sport of freeriding.
For a 7 monthsinternship, we are seeking a smart, flexible and detail-oriented intern to assist the Sports Development Manager with daily operational tasks of the Freeride World Qualifier (FWQ) that consist of but are not limited to:
- In charge of rider management for the Freeride World Qualifier and main contact for athletes in the Europe and Oceania region
- Communication with FWQ athletes on all channels (email, phone, facebook) on a daily basis
REGISTRATION PLATFORM (MEMBERPRO)
- Managing and maintaining the member and event registration platform and database
- Setting up events and event registrations
- Constantly monitoring and adapting event registrations
- Updating results and ranking
- First level support for members
- Working closely with FWQ event organizers before, during and after events
- Sending updated entry and waiting lists to organizers
- Maintaining and updating the website through CMS (Drupal)
- Updating the event pages on the FWT Website
- Assisting with uploads of content on all channels (web news, photos, videos)
- Assisting the event manager at selected Junior and Qualifier events organized by FWT
- Athlete management at events (registration, updates etc.)
- Operational tasks during competitions (e.g. competition tasks, mountain operations or other)
- Taking care of liability disclaimers
- Opening and follow-up of insurance cases
- Student/Graduate in Tourism, Business or Sports Management or similar
- Excellent English skills (spoken and written)
- Fluent in French (spoken and written), German and Spanish is an asset
- Excellent communication skills – strong in writing and wording
- Proficient computer skills and experience with database software and content management
- Flexible and detail oriented with a high quality and service level
- Pro-active and thorough approach
- Able to work independently and efficiently within a small team
- Remains self-composed under pressure and has good time management skills
- Interest in sports in general and to enjoy the great outdoors including winter sports
- Willing to travel extensively during the winter season
- Recognizes and accepts that during winter demands can be 24×7
Type de contrat : Stage d’une durée de 6 mois
Lieu : Lutry (Suisse)
Début du contrat : November 4th, 2019 to May 15th, 2020
Rémunération : CHF 1000.-/month + Free ski wear and equipment (depending on partners and availability) + Travel and phone costs covered + Working in a small, unique, creative and entrepreneurial environment where everyone makes a real difference + Onsite event experience at selected events
Pour déposer votre candidature, cliquez sur Postuler.