Created in 1928, Golf de Chantaco is an 18-hole golf club which was designed by Harry Colt, in the city of Saint-Jean-de-Luz. We are open all year to both members and visitors.
Numerous champions have resided at Chantaco; Raymond and John Garraïalde, Bernard Pascassio, Dominique Larretche and of course Catherine Lacoste… Chantaco is the origin of the Lacoste family.
Our club through an illustrious past built around sportsmanship sportsmanship, brought to life via the warm values of the Basque Country, is an important player in golf.
Host of 2011 – 2017 Lacoste Ladies Open of France, we are driven by values and future plans.
From an associative structure, golf has just moved into a phase of commercial management.
We have ambitious plan to renovate the course and infrastructure.
Working under the Golf Director, your missions will be as follows:
- Maintain a physical presence in the clubhouse and taking calls from clients
- Training in our reservation management software and using Albatros
- Selling golf services: green fees, Basque Country passes/Lands, Groups /TO, driving range, golf consumables …
- Maintaining the till and overseeing other administrative work related to reception
- Working alongside the master caddy team you will be responsible for planning and managing practice sessions
- Launching information systems (Website / Web management..Facebook, specialized sites)
- Intensive use of software for the FFG – RMS CLUBS
- Coordinate competition organization with the various sporting associations, particularly at the state level
- Organize the distribution of the “Competition” information to Reception, Starters, the Sports Commission and Members
- Preparing tee-time schedule, publishing announcements via website, creating clubhouse displays, informing caddies, printing score cards, recording and publishing results
- Managing game fees
- Learning about the role and missions of the sporting manager (league relations, calendar management, team budgets etc …)
- Organizing and launching competitions, from the launch to maintaining the competition over long periods of time
- Study the market and analyzes prices in the Basque region
- Recommending and developing the appropriate communication
- Researching potential golf partnerships in collaboration with the team
- Developing relationships with tour operators
Creating Associative Transition & Commercial Structures
- Updating databases
- Creating management tools
Education & experience:
- Studying at a Business School, ideally in a Sport Management masters or golf course management program
- Versatile, strong relational skills, hospitality and service minded, able to work in a team, autonomous and take the initiative, disciplined and conscientiousness, have computer skills, weekend availability and are a golfer
- Fluency in English is a plus, as well as Spanish
Accommodation can be made available during the duration of the internship.
Type of Contract : 4 to 6 month Full-time Internship
Location : Saint-Jean-de-Luz (64)
Contract Start Date : April 2019
Salary : Legal Allowances
To file your application, click on Apply.